Donorbox has a cover fee function where the donor can choose to cover the processing fee. To enable this feature, go to the "Advanced" tab of the form editor and check "Ask donors to cover processing fees."
This will give the donor the option to pay for the processing fee during checkout.
Additionally, this option can be checked by default.
We estimate the fee by using 2.2% + 30c (nonprofit Stripe rate) + 1.5% (Donorbox platform fee if you get at least $1000 in donations for the month) totaling 3.7% + 30c.
Your actual processing fee will vary depending on these factors:
1. If you have the NPO discount rate from Stripe or PayPal.
2. The type of card you are using. AMEX charges a flat 3.5% (no 30c charge) for U.S. nonprofits.
3. The country your Stripe account is registered in. See https://donorbox.org/pricing
4. Whether your organization will reach $1000 in donations for the month. Donorbox will only assess the 1% platform fee if you get to $1,000 in donations.
5. If the donor is using a card outside of your stripe country.
Because Donorbox cannot know your actual processing fee ahead of time, the fee amount in the checkbox is estimated.